Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2009

yaaar!

Pirates by ryanbarlin
Hey guys! I'm in my hometown for the weekend for my family reunion. Every year we have a themed get-together... this year, it's pirates! I'm super stoked, me and my mom went to a costume rental shop to get some wicked gear. I'll try and get some pictures taken because seriously, I think I kind of want to dress like a pirate for the rest of my life. Haha! Oh, and also, when I go back tomorrow morning it is my beau's birthday, and we're celebrating with an island tiki-themed party too! I just absolutely adore themed parties, don't you? Why don't you have a themed party soon? Any reason to celebrate is good enough for me! Here's some ideas I'm just dying to try:
  • Gangster party- Dress up in your gang colors and bring water pistols, drinking of Patron, Hennesy and Grey Goose is strongly encouraged. Or, gin and juice works well. This is the most fun if you and your party goers are not very gangster to begin with!
  • Rubik's Cube Party- Come dressed with every article of clothing a different color, and swap clothing throughout the night until you are all one color. Fruity drinks all around, and games of Twister galore!
  • Fairy Tale Tea Party- More of a girly get-together, but come dressed up as if from your favorite fairy tale, and enjoy tea and magical cupcakes out of oversized dishware.
  • Senior's Sunset Cruise- I got this idea from my friend Georgia, but I think it sounds awesome! Everyone goes thrifting for outfits their grandparents would wear, and then get together for some hot tubbing and cribbage (and maybe a couple fizzy pops, too! ;D)
  • Letter Party- Pick a letter of the night, and everyone has to come as something that starts with that letter.
  • 1950's - Everyone has hippie parties, disco parties and 80's nights. Why not switch it up a bit and take it back a decade? Full skirts, greasers, hot rods, milkshakes, and some hip tunes to twist to? I think it sounds like a blast!
So why don't you give one a try? If you've got a cool idea, just let me know, I always adore new ideas!
♥ Mishaaa~

No comments:

Post a Comment