Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

I've Returned! (With Hummus, Too!)

      Hola! Sorry about the random lack of posts! I spent a week in town without my dear laptop, and then on the weekend I was super busy doing fun things! Friday night there was a dance at the hall featuring Flatfoot 56 and The Brains. I had a blast dancing with everyone, despite that my glasses got stomped on! Poor little things. I think I might just have to switch over to contacts. On Saturday after work me and Zack canoed around the lake, and played Mario Party!  Now I am just relaxing and cleaning up the aftermath of my weekend!
                                                  I look odd because I have a mouthful of hummus.
      I also made hummus for the very first time today! It was super easy and delicious, so I figured you might want to try and make some too! I used a itty bitty food processor, but I bet you could try and made it with a blender or hand mixer, or just by smashing it really well!
You will need....
1 can of Chickpeas, drained (but save the liquid!)
2 Lemons, peeled
1/2 clove of Garlic (or more, if you prefer!)
1 tbsp Tahini
1 tbsp Olive Oil
Salt, to taste

Put the lemon, olive oil, tahini and garlic in the processor and blend. Add the chickpeas and salt and blend some more! Adjust thickness to your liking by adding a bit of the chickpea juice at a time. And, voila! Delicious hummus! This made enough for 3-4 people, if you really like hummus (I know I do!).

1 comment:

  1. did you have a blast dancing with me ?? and you gotta make me some of your hummus i wanna try your recipe .. but i dont wanna make it myself /

    ReplyDelete